Over a decade of experience as an teacher and administrator within private schools in Canada and Mexico has led to who I am as a teacher today. My Bachelor of Education gave me the foundation for sound teaching practices, while focusing on special needs education taught me how important individualized programming is for ALL students.
We don’t all learn the same, so a cookie cutter approach to learning won’t work.
When I am not teaching or working on the administrative side of the business, I can be found spending time with my family. Movie afternoons, playing video games, and many heated debates about comic books & superheroes are some of our favourite things. It’s not always easy living with only guys, but our very talkative twins make life interesting for me and my (not so talkative) husband. And when this mommy needs some “me” time? Reading copious novels and making vegan baked goods are some of my favourite things.
5 Things You Don’t Know About Me
- I love to dance while I work in my office … or in the kitchen. My family has heard more than once, “How can you not be dancing to this song!?!”
- I love to experiment with new recipes. I eat plant-based food and consider myself a foodie. Once I discovered how to modify desert recipes, I was hooked.
- My clients already know this one. I enjoy making preserves: jams, jellies, salsas, you name it. Remember the foodie part from #2? This leads to as many great combos as I can find Trying to eat it all just is not an option, so they often become gifts.
- My favourite drink is tea. And, because I like variety there is a whole shelf at home. It is rare to see me teach without tea beside me. On the rare occasions it does happen, my students tend to comment.
- I get really excited about new ideas, especially in education. Things have changed a lot in the past decade. My idea of fun is to research new trends and include the ones that benefit my students.
Want to work together to reach your musical goals?