Alberti’s Garden Description:
- Level: Late Intermediate
- Pages: 5 pages, 2 pages of music, cover included
- Format: Instant PDF download
- Studio Licence Bonus: Cover art, “make it your own” suggestions for students
- Collections: Pattern Inspired – Intermediate
Alberti’s Garden is a sweet, whimsical piano solo that helps your late intermediate students explore modern Alberti bass patterns. This piece is reminiscent of “Music Box Dancer” by Frank Mills.
Your students will explore creating a left-hand melody line that crosses over the right-hand that brings out the sweet nature of this piece. With a new, more modern take on Alberti bass, teen and adult students will appreciate this classic accompaniment pattern!
Alberti’s Garden Level:
“Alberti’s Garden” is a late-intermediate piano solo. Almost everything in this piece is written at an intermediate level so your students can fully focus on the Alberti Bass accompaniment pattern which appears in both right and left hand sections.
- Mode: G Major (key signature)
- Time Signature: 4/4
- Concepts: Alberti Bass accompaniment pattern, travelling chord inversions, cross left-hand over right-hand, up to 3 ledger lines.
Firstly, technical practice on broken chord inversions will help in mastering this piece. The pedal pattern is written in at the beginning for a clear, yet legato sound throughout. Ledger lines (no more than 3) are tied in with chord inversions. This makes it easier for students to quickly spot the patterns.
The smallest note is an eighth note. This was deliberate to ensure your students can successfully play the parallel Alberti Bass pattern in one section of the piece. This is also the same section your students will love to determine the voicing as both left or right hand voicing sounds great!
Alberti’s Garden Bonus:
All sheet music comes with original cover art. “Alberti’s Garden” comes with “make it your own” suggestions for students to experiment with developing their own voice.
More About the “Pattern Inspired – Intermediate” Collection:
“Alberti’s Garden” is part of the ‘Pattern Inspired – Intermediate’ collection for intermediate level students that like to explore different styles of music. Each piece focuses on a modern take on an accompaniment pattern for the intermediate level. This collection is fantastic as either a fun look back at concepts or an introduction to new patterns.
- Alberti’s Garden: A sweet, whimsical late intermediate piece that explores modern Alberti bass patterns in G Major.
- Ballerina in the Shadows: A broody swing late intermediate piece that explores stride patterns in E minor and 3/8 time.
- Poodle Skirts and Thin Ties: A fun, upbeat late intermediate that explores doo wop rhythmic and accompaniment patterns in F Major and 2/4 time.
- Waltz of the Lilies: A tranquil, beautiful late intermediate piano solo explores waltz patterns in both B flat Major and G minor.
What Is a studio licence?
When you purchase “Alberti’s Garden” you get a studio-licence PDF of the piece. This piece is sent digitally via an email receipt. If you have a multi-teacher studio, please contact Rosemarie directly for additional licences. Thanks!
A studio licence is a great way to stretch your studio repertoire budget. Purchase music once and use it for years (even decades) with students you directly teach! For online teachers, if you share the piece during online lessons, students must print immediately and not retain an electronic copy of the piece.
For more information on your studio licence, check out the Terms and Conditions page.
If you purchase a collection you will need a program to open zip files to access all pieces within the collection.
Should I Print All Pages for Students?
Yes! Each page is designed with students in mind.
- Cover art
- Inspiration for similar music your students may like
Students love a bit of cover art since it can help them get into the mood and story of a piece. I’ve included ways to adapt or play with the music so students become part of the creative process.
Lastly, having other pieces at a similar level can keep students excited about what the next song in their musical journey can be!