Jake’s Fishing Adventure Description:
- Level: Elementary
- Pages: Pages: 5 pages, 2 pages of music, cover included
- Format: Instant PDF download
- Studio Licence Bonus: Cover art, tips and ideas for students
- Collections: The First Winter
One of Jake’s favourite Winter activities is going ice fishing with his family and saying hi to the fish in the water. Students will explore Major and minor modes as the song progresses as our lovable Jake spends the day on the ice.
Jake’s Fishing Adventure Level:
“Jake’s Fishing Adventure” is an elementary level piano solo. This story-based piece is in 2/4 time to create a forward motion as Jake runs to and fro. Students explore common chord bridges for this level. Instead of a key signature, students will use the one flat (B flat) and one sharp (F#) written in the music. Hands are kept in one position with one slight extension for a chord bridge.
- Mode: G Major
- Time Signature: 2/4
- Concepts: flat and sharp, stationary hand position, tied notes, staccato
Starting finger numbers are written in, as well as when hand position must shift. The eighth notes are part of partial scale passages so students can easily flow from note to note. The tied notes are for full measures and are constant for both hands.
Jake’s Fishing Adventure Bonus:
All sheet music comes with original cover art. “Jake’s Fishing Adventure” also comes with tips for students to master the piece.
More About “The First Winter” collection:
“Jake’s Fishing Adventure” is part of “The First Winter” collection that is designed for beginner students of various ages. Pieces are a mix of rote and level-appropriate note-reading at the elementary to late elementary (rote elements only) pieces. These pieces fit under the “sound harder they they look” category and several of the pieces are showstoppers for Winter recitals letting beginners of all ages feel like their pieces compare to much more advanced students.
Piece found in “The First Winter” collection are:
- First Snow: Elementary to late elementary rote/note-reading showstopper for Winter recitals.
- The Blizzard: Elementary to late elementary rote/note-reading piece that brings the mystery and drama of a blizzard to Winter recitals.
- Jake’s Fishing Adventure: Elementary piece that captures the playful nature of Jake the the dog as he goes ice fishing with his family.
- Snowflake And Rex’s Cookie Caper: Late elementary level story-based piece in which students explore creating stealth movement and circular wrist motions as they build drama throughout the song.
What is a studio licence?
When you purchase “Jake’s Fishing Adventure” you get a studio-licence PDF of the piece. This piece is sent digitally via an email receipt. If you have a multi-teacher studio, please contact Rosemarie directly for additional licences. Thanks!
A studio licence is a great way to stretch your studio repertoire budget. Purchase music once and use for years (even decades) with students you directly teach! For online teachers, if you share the piece during online lessons, students must print immediately and not retain an electronic copy of the piece.
For more information on your studio licence, check out the Terms and Conditions page.
If you purchase a collection you will need a program to open zip files to access all pieces within the collection.
Should I print all pages for students?
Yes! Each page is designed with students in mind.
- Page 1: Cover art
- Page 3+: Music
- Last page: Other music they may like
Students love a bit of cover art since it can help them get into the mood and story of a piece. I’ve included ways to adapt or play with the music so students become part of the creative process.
Lastly, having other pieces at a similar level can keep students excited about what the next song in their musical journey can be!