Eerie Wind Description:
- Level: Early Elementary (rote), Elementary (reading)
- Pages: 5 pages, 2 pages of music, cover included
- Format: Instant PDF download
- Studio Licence Bonus: Cover art, “make it your own” suggestions for students
- Collections: The First Winter – Soundscapes
Your students will explore the ebb and flow of dynamics in “Eerie Wind”, a mysterious Winter moodscape. With simple, repetitive melody motifs plus chord bridges, this piece is easy to teach by rote!
Eerie Wind Level:
“Eerie Wind” is an early elementary (rote) to elementary (reading) piano solo. The initial repetitive 3-note melody allows students to focus on learning the chord progression (shown as chord bridges). Variations in the 3-note melody are introduced once the chord progression is under your student’s fingers making this a very approachable piece to learn.
- Mode: A minor (no accidentals needed)
- Time Signature: 3/4
- Concepts: Both hands play in treble clef, 8va (written as text instructions, not symbol), pedal throughout song, tied notes (cross-measure), crescendo, diminuendo (written as symbol), D.C. al Fine, ritardando (written as text instructions)
“Eerie Wind” includes finger numbers for starting notes + circled finger numbers any time hand position changes. This piece stays in one hand position making it closer to an early elementary level than other pieces in this collection.
The rhythm includes the most common early elementary to elementary rhythmic patterns in 3/4 time with the shortest note as a quarter note.
Holding the pedal the entire song creates a mysterious, eerie quality. Working on dynamic variance will be one of the biggest keys to success in this piece. Creating a smooth ebb and flow create a much more sophisticated performance than the notation suggestions.
Eerie Wind Bonus:
All sheet music comes with original cover art. “Eerie Wind” comes with “make it your own” suggestions for students to experiment with developing their own voice.
More About “The First Winter – Soundscapes”:
“Eerie Wind” is part of “The First Winter – Soundscapes” collection that gives your teen and adult students music they can be proud to play at your studio’s Winter recital! Harmonies are simplified to create a complex soundscape without the need for more advanced techniques.
“The First Winter – Soundscapes” includes:
- Aurora’s Lullaby: Tranquil lullaby inspired by the Aurora Borealis in 4/4 time with basic harmonies and simple rhythms.
- Darkest Night: Broody moodscape in 3/4 time that explores the three most common rhythms at this level with interesting chords.
- Eerie Wind: Mysterious, eerie moodscape in 3/4 time that explores ebbing and flowing dynamics.
- Winter’s Thaw: Peaceful exploration of chord bridges (broken + solid) in 4/4 time that is perfect for students that love patterns with small changes.
What is a studio licence?
When you purchase “Eerie Wind” you get a studio-licence PDF of the piece. This piece is sent digitally via an email receipt. If you have a multi-teacher studio, please contact Rosemarie directly for additional licences. Thanks!
A studio licence is a great way to stretch your studio repertoire budget. Purchase music once and use for years (even decades) with students you directly teach! For online teachers, if you share the piece during online lessons, students must print immediately and not retain an electronic copy of the piece.
For more information on your studio licence, check out the Terms and Conditions page.
If you purchase a collection you will need a program to open zip files to access all pieces within the collection.
Should I print all pages for students?
Yes! Each page is designed with students in mind.
- Page 1: Cover art
- Page 3+: music
- Last page: other music they may like
Students love a bit of cover art since it can help them get into the mood and story of a piece. I’ve included ways to adapt or play with the music so students become part of the creative process.
Lastly, having other pieces at a similar level can keep students excited about what the next song in their musical journey can be!