The Grand Entrance Description:
- Level: Early Intermediate
- Pages: 5 pages, 2 pages of music, cover included
- Format: Instant PDF download
- Studio Licence Bonus: Cover art, “make it your own” suggestions for students
- Collections: Scenes Of Spring
Who doesn’t love having their own entrance music? “The Grand Entrance” is an early intermediate piece that explores 6/8 while making a statement! Students will enjoy building the drama with a range of dynamics and 8va sections. This will be a perfect start to a recital as your student shines on the stage.
The Grand Entrance Level:
“The Grand Entrance” is an early intermediate piano solo that introduces your students to the most common 6/8 time rhythm patterns. The goal is to develop an internal sense of two beats per measure regardless of which rhythm patterns are used.
- Mode: D Major
- Time Signature: 6/8
- Concepts: dotted quarter notes and eighth notes, feel groups of 3, tied notes, natural sign, fermata, 8va
For students that love to play quickly, the tempo written is a start. But, speeding up the tempo gives a more upbeat, festive feel. Your student can choose which final tempo creates the mood they want.
The Grand Entrance Bonus:
All sheet music comes with original cover art. “The Grand Entrance” comes with “make it your own” suggestions for students to experiment with developing their own voice.
More About the “Scenes Of Spring” Collection:
“The Grand Entrance” is part of the “Scenes Of Spring” collection that is designed for intermediate students of various ages. Music in this collection focuses on creating a picture, moment, or mood. With the exception of “Time Of Renewal” (a quick win piece), these are all great level-appropriate Spring recital pieces that are sure to be a hit with students and the audience alike.
Pieces found in the “Scenes Of Spring” collection are:
- The Gnome’s Starlit Dance: Late intermediate/early advanced level piece with Latin elements.
- Waltz Under The Stars: Intermediate level piece for students that love flowing, dance-like music.
- The Grand Entrance: Early intermediate piece that lends a celebratory feel to recitals.
- Time Of Renewal: Early intermediate piece that explores 4th intervals. Great as a seasonal ‘quick win’ or concept review piece for this level.
What is a studio licence?
When you purchase “The Grand Entrance” you get a studio-licence PDF of the piece. This piece is sent digitally via an email receipt. If you have a multi-teacher studio, please contact Rosemarie directly for additional licences. Thanks!
A studio licence is a great way to stretch your studio repertoire budget. Purchase music once and use for years (even decades) with students you directly teach! For online teachers, if you share the piece during online lessons, students must print immediately and not retain an electronic copy of the piece.
For more information on your studio licence, check out the Terms and Conditions page.
If you purchase a collection you will need a program to open zip files to access all pieces within the collection.
Should I print all pages for students?
Yes! Each page is designed with students in mind.
- Page 1: Cover art
- Page 3+: Music
- Last page: Other music they may like
Students love a bit of cover art since it can help them get into the mood and story of a piece. I’ve included ways to adapt or play with the music so students become part of the creative process.
Lastly, having other pieces at a similar level can keep students excited about what the next song in their musical journey can be!