Dreaming In A Patch Of Sunlight Description:
- Level: Elementary (rote), late elementary to early intermediate (reading)
- Pages: 12 pages, for each level there are 2 pages of music + cover included
- Format: Instant PDF download
- Studio Licence Bonuses: For each version of the song, there is cover art, story, practice and performance tips for students, plus teacher notes for adapting each version for student success.
- Collections: Sam’s Life
Sam had an innate ability to find the warmest, most comfortable patch of sunlight to nap in. What do you think he is dreaming of? Your students will love this dreamy rote piece that’s perfect for recitals.
This piece is unique because you get both studio-licensed versions of the piece automatically. An elementary level for strictly rote teaching. Plus a late elementary to early intermediate level version that could combine rote and note reading teaching.
For each level/version of the song there are additional bonuses. To help students, I’ve included the story, plus practice and performance tips for students. To help you, there are teacher notes for adapting each level for student success.
Dreaming In A Patch Of Sunlight Level:
“Dreaming In A Patch Of Sunlight” is a dual-level piano solo. The elementary, rote version is perfect for beginner students. And, the late elementary to early intermediate version is great as a quick win, hybrid rote and note reading piece.
- Mode: A minor
- Time Signature: 3/4
- Rote Level Concepts: legato, crescendo, diminuendo, pianissimo, ritardando
- Intermediate Level Concepts: modified pop-arpeggio accompaniment pattern, 2 ledger lines, pedal, ritardando
Dreaming In A Patch Of Sunlight Bonuses:
All sheet music comes with original cover art.
“Dreaming In A Patch Of Sunlight” comes with two levelled versions for each piece. Within each version of the song, there is cover art, story, practice and performance tips for students, plus teacher notes for adapting each version for student success.
More About The Sam’s Life Collection:
“Dreaming In A Patch Of Sunlight” is part of the ‘Sam’s Life’ collection that explores a range of moods and styles in each rote piece. Each piece comes with two levelled versions. For beginners, the elementary level version is perfect for rote teaching. For ‘quick win’ pieces, the early intermediate to intermediate version is perfect for rote/note-reading teaching or ‘learn on your own’ pieces.
The “Sam’s Life” Collection includes:
- Sam Visits Peter (In a Birdcage): Elementary (rote), late elementary to early intermediate (reading)
- Sam’s Walk: Elementary (rote), intermediate (reading), plus same level elementary duet
- I’m Sam, Elite Mouse Hunter: Elementary (rote), late elementary to early intermediate (reading)
- I HATE Walking In The Snow: Elementary (rote), late elementary (reading)
- Dreaming In A Patch Of Sunlight: Elementary (rote), late elementary to early intermediate (reading)
What is a studio licence?
When you purchase “Dreaming In A Patch Of Sunlight” you get a studio-licence PDF of the piece. This piece is sent digitally via an email receipt. If you have a multi-teacher studio, please contact Rosemarie directly for additional licences. Thanks!
A studio licence is a great way to stretch your studio repertoire budget. Purchase music once and use for years (even decades) with students you directly teach! For online teachers, if you share the piece during online lessons, students must print immediately and not retain an electronic copy of the piece.
For more information on your studio licence, check out the Terms and Conditions page.
If you purchase a collection you will need a program to open zip files to access all pieces within the collection.
Should I print all pages for students?
Yes! Each page is designed with students in mind.
- Page 1: Cover art
- Page 3+: Music
- Last page: Other music they may like
Students love a bit of cover art since it can help them get into the mood and story of a piece. I’ve included ways to adapt or play with the music so students become part of the creative process.
Lastly, having other pieces at a similar level can keep students excited about what the next song in their musical journey can be!