Frenemies For Life Description:
- Level: Early Intermediate
- Pages: 5 pages, 1 page of music, cover and background story included
- Format: Instant PDF download
- Studio Licence Bonus: Cover art, practice and performance tips for students, background story of Gizmo
- Collections: Gizmo: A Quirky Cockatiel
Gizmo is a big fan of play fighting with my husband. “Frenemies For Life” is inspired by two sides of their relationship. Gizmo gets excited when he hears my husband’s voice. He runs to the edge of his cage and leans as far forward as possible to get to his friend. Occasionally, Gizmo has even fallen off the cage in his eagerness to get to my husband. The other side of their relationship when they play fight. You will hear both sides from these frenemies throughout the song!
Frenemies For Life Level:
“Frenemies For Life” is an early intermediate piano solo. The left-hand accompaniment pattern is Alberta Bass. When combined with swinging eighth notes, it updates this accompaniment pattern to sound a bit more modern. To keep the play fighting measure light-hearted, eighth notes are also played with a swing rhythm. After all, it’s “play” fighting!
- Mode: G Major (shown as key signature)
- Time Signature: 4/4
- Concepts: pickup measure, swinging eighth notes, Alberti Bass accompaniment, accent
This is a great ‘quick win’ piece for an intermediate student!
Frenemies For Life Bonus:
All sheet music comes with original cover art. “Frenemies For Life” also comes with practice and performance tips for students and the background story of Gizmo.
More About “Gizmo: A Quirky Cockatiel” Collection:
“Frenemies For Life” is part of the “Gizmo: A Quirky Cockatiel” collection that is written for intermediate level students that love birds. As you can tell from the titles in this collection, Gizmo is very much an exclamation mark type of individual and the music reflects this. These also work very well as ‘quick win’ pieces or quick review pieces for a particular concept.
Gizmo is the baby of the family. While he is my parent’s cockatiel, Gizmo is a people person and loves being around family. He has a unique relationship with each person. He is also one of the most unique pets we have ever had. From improvising a song for the “pretty birdie” in the mirror, answering the phone, or his antics both with his ‘hoomans’ and on his own, these pieces give a snapshot into life with Gizmo. It’s certainly never dull!
Songs found in the “Gizmo: A Quirky Cockatiel” collection are:
- Can I See? I’m Climbing Up!: An intermediate to late intermediate level piece that includes rhythmic scale work as Gizmo rushes to be the center of attention again.
- The Phone Is For Me!?!: An intermediate to late intermediate level piece that has a conversation going that Gizmo is sure involves him. Includes a simple introduction to sixteenth notes.
- Frenemies For Life: An early intermediate level piece about Gizmo and his favourite frenemy that includes a left-hand swing pattern.
- I’m Not Vain. I’m Just Pretty: An elementary level improvisation piece with excerpts taken directly from one of Gizmo’s improvising sessions.
- I’m Showering In The Rain!: An early intermediate piece inspired by Gizmo’s love of outdoor showers, a classical piece and a classic movie.
What is a studio licence?
When you purchase “Frenemies For Life” you get a studio-licence PDF of the piece. This piece is sent digitally via an email receipt. If you have a multi-teacher studio, please contact Rosemarie directly for additional licences. Thanks!
A studio licence is a great way to stretch your studio repertoire budget. Purchase music once and use for years (even decades) with students you directly teach! For online teachers, if you share the piece during online lessons, students must print immediately and not retain an electronic copy of the piece.
For more information on your studio license, check out the Terms and Conditions page.
If you purchase a collection you will need a program to open zip files to access all pieces within the collection.
Should I print all pages for students?
Yes! Each page is designed with students in mind.
- Page 1: Cover art
- Page 3+: music
- Last page: other music they may like
Students love a bit of cover art since it can help them get into the mood and story of a piece. I’ve included ways to adapt or play with the music so students become part of the creative process.
Lastly, having other pieces at a similar level can keep students excited about what the next song in their musical journey can be!