“Puppy In The Park” Description:
- Level: Early Elementary (rote), Elementary (reading)
- Pages: 5 pages, 2 pages of music, cover included
- Format: Instant PDF download
- Studio Licence Bonus: Cover art, “make it your own” suggestions for students
- Collections: The First Spring
“Puppy In The Park” is a playful adventure for your beginner piano students that helps them recognize patterns. Easy to teach by rote or introduce half steps using accidentals!
“Puppy In The Park” Level:
“”Puppy In The Park”” is an early elementary rote or elementary reading level piano solo. The patterns are repeated using different dynamics or with slight modifications.
- Mode: G Major (written as accidentals)
- Time Signature: 4/4
- Concepts: half steps using chromatic patterns, dotted quarter-eighth note rhythm patterns, some hands together
Chromatic sections are written as using only finger 2 to play. However, the “Make This Your Own” section suggests experimenting with typical chromatic finger numbers 1 and 3. This allows students with a greater range of dexterity to play this piece.
Finger numbers are written in to start and accidentals are written in. The most difficult rhythm is the dotted quarter-eighth note rhythms. However, these are followed by half notes to help students reset.
“Puppy In The Park” Bonus:
All sheet music comes with original cover art.
“”Puppy In The Park”” comes with “make it your own” suggestions for students to experiment with developing their own voice.
More About “The First Spring”:
“”Puppy In The Park”” is part of “The First Spring” collection that is designed for beginner students of various ages. Pieces are a mix of rote and level-appropriate note-reading at the elementary pieces (in one case, when taught by rote). These pieces explore a variety of concepts and several of the pieces are showstoppers for Spring recitals letting beginners of all ages feel like their pieces compare to much more advanced students.
Pieces found in “The First Spring” collection are:
- Jake Meets The Jack Rabbit: Elementary level piece about an unlikely (possible) friendship.
- The Rabbit In The Garden: Early elementary piece in 2/4 that mimics a cute rabbit in the garden.
- Time Of Renewal: Early elementary rote piece that explores 4th intervals. Fantastic as an impressive duet recital piece for this level.
- Puppy In The Park: A playful early elementary rote or elementary reading adventure for your beginner piano students that helps them recognize patterns.
What is a studio licence?
When you purchase “”Puppy In The Park”” you get a studio-licence PDF of the piece. This piece is sent digitally via an email receipt. If you have a multi-teacher studio, please contact Rosemarie directly for additional licences. Thanks!
A studio licence is a great way to stretch your studio repertoire budget. Purchase music once and use for years (even decades) with students you directly teach! For online teachers, if you share the piece during online lessons, students must print immediately and not retain an electronic copy of the piece.
For more information on your studio licence, check out the Terms and Conditions page.
If you purchase a collection you will need a program to open zip files to access all pieces within the collection.
Should I print all pages for students?
Yes! Each page is designed with students in mind.
- Page 1: Cover art
- Page 3+: music
- Last page: other music they may like
Students love a bit of cover art since it can help them get into the mood and story of a piece. I’ve included ways to adapt or play with the music so students become part of the creative process.
Lastly, having other pieces at a similar level can keep students excited about what the next song in their musical journey can be!